Wednesday, September 17, 2008

OMG I forgot to shave my armpits!! (Not in anyway relevant to this post, I just noticed it.)

So today I woke up on the proverbial "wrong side of the bed". (Go figure. The name's not "Little Miss Pissy" for no reason.)

I don't know exactly what it was. Maybe the loud blaring noise of my alarm clock for the fifth time, maybe the Pavlovian stimulus of association (ie. annoying Keri Hilson ringtone = start of new day at shitty job), or maybe it was the few too many glasses of wine from the night before. Whatever it was, I woke up and was PISSED. I stormed out of the bed and around the apartment, muttering obscenities under my breath and pouting like a 4-year old. (If you don't know me, this is common behavior. I'm a dramatic, emotional Italian. Get over it!!) My ever loving boyfriend (who will from here on out be referred to as "The Boo") tried his best to help and calm me down but it was to no avail. I was not to be appeased.

We rode the whole way to work in almost utter silence (aside from the soothing sounds of Eminem's first EP from which The Boo appropriately decided to play one of Em's "I-hate-my-wife-I'm-gonna-slit-her-throat" songs which I silently registered as his attempt to tell me what he really thinks of me. But whatever. (SIDE NOTE: I should probably take the time to mention that The Boo is basically perfect. 99% of the time he is amazing and I just pick fights to shake things up and make sure he's still paying attention. Mostly because I'm nuts...but he reminds me of that on a daily basis. But I digress. He's great and I don't deserve him.)

So upon arriving at work....the pinot noir headache rapidly fading and my performance as depressed and pissed off girlfriend complete...I realized, "Wow! I'm such a brat!!" This should come as no surprise to those that know me, but for me to actually admit it...to throw it out into the cyber written world and solidify my fate forever....well, that's a big accomplishment.

Yes, I may have my fair share of problems: bills, a wardrobe that leaves something to be desired (Don't laugh! This was a valid point covered in my temper tantrum this morning), a killer headache, and a less than perfect job. I also realized that I have so many other things to be happy about that I carelessly let slip by (or rather ignore in my pseudo-intellectual angst and feigned depression). I have a wonderful boyfriend and family that loves me, some amazing friends who would do anything for me, a job (which is more than many can say right now in this "booming economy" of ours), and hell, I'm still breathing aren't I? I'd say that's an accomplishment in itself.

So fuck it. No more depressed Miss Pissy. I'm a self-proclaimed spoiled brat which in essence means I get whatever I want. What could be better than that??

0 comments:


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio