Thursday, October 16, 2008

And the Soundtrack of the Day is...

So today's been one of those days. You know. The rough kind where everything seems to go wrong and make you upset. Many little problems culminate into one huge overwhelming mess and before you know it you're reduced to a sobbing heap of tears (and I may or may not have had aforementioned weep fest earlier today...at my desk.)

But regardless of how you express these emotions, stresses, fears and anxieties, the truth remains the same. We all have those days.

And it seems like more recently than not, those closest to me are experiencing numerous days (right along with me). In some instances, I/we are even having "those" weeks, months or worse case scenario, years making it hard to cope and easy to feel overwhelmed.

It took me a long time to post today because I just didn't think I had it in me. Who wants to hear about my work issues, financial problems, or health woes? Hell, I even get sick of hearing about them. But then I realized that I can't possibly be the only one feeling like this. In the wake of such an extreme economic catastrophe in which gas is exorbitantly high and employment is next to impossible to find, it dawned on me that we're all fighting the same fight.

And the key is not to lament your fate. Submit to the powers that be and accept this as the life you must lead. Nay (haha. Sorry, I've always wanted to use that word!) it is a time to realize what you're made of. Realize that you control your own destiny. Things will never be perfect. They will never be the way you always envisioned in your wildest of dreams. Life's not like that. It's hard and unfair and essentially, a MESS.

But it's up to us to sort through that mess and glean from it the good. To recognize what we have and be grateful. To realize what we can do to make our lives better and more fulfilling. To acknowledge that our current circumstances do not validate our existence or self-worth. To resolve to make things better, work harder, persevere further until we see change.

So today's soundtrack explains just that (except in a much better more inspirational way.) I hope you all enjoy it and find as much encouragement and hope in it as I do.



"Stand"
You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless
Like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright, you'll be alright

[Chorus:]
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand

Life's like a novel
With the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon
With only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone
Start holding on, keep holding on

[Repeat Chorus]

Every time you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place

Here's to a better day right around the corner!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Eeeek I love me some Rascal!

Very true girlie, oh so very true.

LittleMissObsessive said...

that song puts it well :) love you


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio