Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Feelin' Good

So I know I suck at life right now. I completed NaBloPoMo (yay) and then fell off the face of the earth.

Very lame of me, I’m aware. But let me try and explain.

You see I’ve been trying to get my health in order. Like I’ve said before I wouldn’t say I’m fat (mostly because I just don’t like to admit it) but according to standard medical charts I could stand to lose some weight (ie. I’m not necessarily at a healthy weight for my height). So seeing as I’d like to avoid a stroke, heart attack and/or cancer and would at some point like to have children and live a long, full life for them, I figured it was in my best interest to take some serious action and NOW.

So I’ve started a new diet/hardcore 6 day workout regiment combining running, walking, yoga, pilates, exercise ball, and strength training. I’ve completely revamped my diet. No more beer, wine, fried foods or carbs and instead tons of fruits, vegetables, and protein. I’m also keeping a food and exercise journal, drinking close to a gallon of water a day, chugging protein shakes like they’re going out of style, taking 5 different vitamins and recording all of it. And so far I’m off to a good start.

Albeit I’ve only been on this much stricter plan since last Wednesday, I have yet to eff it up (even with a HUGE bag of peanut M&Ms in the house, a 12 pack of Modelos, and deep dish pizzas…all of which are very hard for me to pass up). But I’m doing it. And I must say, so far I’m very proud of myself. I know I’ve got a long way to go and I know there will be moments when I slip up. It's inevitable. But for some reason this time just seems different. This time feels like it will be the one where I stick to it and see results that I can be happy with, proud of. Or at least I hope so. I want to be able to feel confident and sexy again. I want to have more energy and just feel better. I want to like what I see in the mirror for once and I want to do it the right way.

So clearly since this new adopted lifestyle is now such an incremental part of my daily routine, I’ll likely be blogging about it from time to time and I’m asking for your support. I think it’d be nice to have people out there cheering me on and keeping me accountable. So thank you in advance for listening and supporting (and if not, thanks for letting me think you are).

Here’s to a better life….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! I was starting to really miss your blog posts :)

Congrats on adopting a more healthy lifestyle. It's such a wonderful thing to do, and I admire your committment. Your workout plan sounds like a lot of fun. I love yoga and pilates! I've been really lazy with going to the gym lately, and it's starting to show. I think you've given me the inspiration I need to finally drag my butt back there!

LittleMissObsessive said...

If only you still lived here we could totally have lost our weight by now!!! I miss my workout buddy!


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio