Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Purse Puke

Awhile back I got tagged by … ummm… someone…(sorry, I scoured my comments for a good 10 minutes looking and couldn’t find who it was. My bad. Crucify me.) to do the super nosy, super embarrassing purse invasion blog. So today, while I was complaining to the Boo about having no inspiration lately, I decided I could just dump the contents of my life on the floor and let you all see it.

So here it is…present from the Boo back in December.



And a view from the top. Yes, it’s a bit heavy but I like to be prepared. Plus I like to convince myself that I’m getting my workout for the day in by lugging this thing around everywhere. (See? That’s the delusional thinking he was referring to. I do it all the time.)



And here’s what’s inside.



From top to bottom, left to right:

First row: My spiffy new planner (I usually have much bigger, bulkier ones but this one is working just fine for now. Ya know considering I have no job, already graduated school and have next to zero friends, the little one suits me just fine. For now.) “Tulle Little, Tulle Late” by Kimberly Llewelyn (just one of the many new super girly books I snatched up at the library yesterday to get me out of my most recent funk.) My newest issue of Harper’s Bazaar that is pretty much COMPLETELY RUINED (stupid post office woman ripped the entire cover and first 5 pages trying to cram it into our mailbox. Whore.) A napkin note between the Boo and I. (We’re mature…as our illustrations can attest to.)

Second row: Aldo wallet from sister dearest, checkbook, pens and 1 pencil, Hall’s menthol cough drops (because I’m coming down with something ghastly. Hooray!) Germ-X hand sanitizer, Excedrin Migraine (because I’ve had a perpetual headache since I was 7 years old. No lie.) Eye drops (never mind the fact that the front label is completely ripped and defaced. I used to carry it with me in my apron at my old serving job. Ya know, for putting it in asshole’s drinks that give me attitude and piss me off my eyes. Duh.) Stupid death sticks. (I contemplated not even including these in the picture since I’m down to maybe 1 a week, but then I figured I wouldn’t be keepin it real so I threw em in there. Don’t judge me.)

Third row: Headphones for my iPod, aforementioned iPod, Blackberry Pearl, keys, Mary Kay lipgloss in Cream and Sugar, MAC lipgloss in Chai, 2 very used up, practically empty tubes of Bonne Belle Cappuccino lipgloss (Don’t even laugh. Everyone knows the cheap shit is where it’s at.) Chapstick medicated, a hair clip, Prada sunglasses.

Not pictured: The digital camera I took the pictures with (duh) and my lady products (no one wants to see that.)

Well there you have it. Now I tag anyone who wants to do it or needs some inspiration for a post (like me). Plus I’m a nosy creep and I want to see what you’re stashin’ in there.

13 comments:

the ghost overground said...

I love your title! "Purse puke" = awesome. I've also been google reading your blog the past few days so I missed out on the layout change, but I like it!

Jasmin said...

What a cute idea for a post! I might have to steal it (I'll attribute this fab idea to you in my post as well) since it's pretty cool. :) Hope you don't mind.

Ms. Salti said...

Love it... I think it's the voyeur in all of us that wants to see what's in everyone else's purse!

Wendy said...

I'm in!

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely bag :), but i like your sunglasses better. Prada, nice!

Kell said...

I have that same planner! I was also guilty of usually carrying a big and bulky one, but I find that this one is a great compromise. Good find! :o)

ThoughtsON said...

Do they still make Bonne Belle Cappuccino lipgloss?! I used to LOVE that stuff!

Oh, and can I borrow a pen? lol
Pens always get lost out of my purse.

Andhari said...

Thats such a cute bag.;)

Unknown said...

Haha you make me smile. I forgot who tagged me too, but I'm going to get around to doing it I swear!

Nashe^ said...

Hey I got tagged with this too! Just did it. LOL.

You just reminded me, I have to get a planner soon. Lovin' the sunglasses btw.

LWLH said...

I dont know if your intentionally funny but I always get a laugh outta reading your blog.
Alos cute purse!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Very cute. I really enjoy your blog. I also really love the layout. I hope you have a great rest of the week. =)

Anonymous said...

I like the idea for this post. I'll have to try it sometime.


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio