Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Reality Show of My Life Would Be Cancelled After the Pilot

You ever have one of those days where you know you want to get out of the house and just do something? There are things that you could do, need to do but don’t feel like doing. But you still want to do something. Anything.

Except it’s rarely that easy. In fact, for the Boo and I it’s NEVER that easy and today has been exemplification of just that.

Here’s how many of our days off together seem to progress if not planned in advance.

Boo: What can we do today?

Me: I don’t know. What do you wanna do?

Boo: (Quietly) I don’t care. What do you wanna do?

Me: (Exasperated) That’s what I just asked you.

Boo: (Forlorn) Well I don’t know. What should we do?

Me: (Shrugs) I don’t know. Something.

Boo: (In an attempt to pass the responsibility off on me) Well you think of something for us to do.

2 minutes later.

Boo: (Same forlorn, appealing voice/look) So, what can we do today?

Me: Ummm, I don’t know. A movie?

Boo: There aren’t any one’s with killing out now.

Me: Ok, shopping?

Boo: No, it’s Super Saturday. I don’t wanna be caught in that shit.

Me: Lunch?

Boo: Nah, we’re going to dinner later.

Moment of contemplation….

Boo: (Enlightened and slightly hopeful) What about the zoo?

Me: Ok.

Boo: (Suddenly distraught) Never mind. You don’t like animals.

Me: What? It’s ok. You do and I had fun at the Aquarium. Let’s just go.

Boo: (Wallowing in a pool of self-pity and martyrdom) Never mind. (Sulking off.) We’ll just lie around the stupid house all day.

Me: (Confused and slightly annoyed) But I said I'd go. Let's just go.

Boo: (Clearly done with the conversation) No, no, no. Forget it. (Unintelligible muttering and bemoaning.)

Why oh why can we never make up our minds? I swear, I love the man but sometimes the indecisiveness makes me want to throw him into oncoming traffic.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When this happens to K and I, I just drag him out of the house! No questions asked :)


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio