Sunday, December 14, 2008

I am a Cornucopia of Emotions Right Now

PROUD: Because today was my first weigh in since the newly regimented diet/exercise agenda began and I am pleased to announce that the scale now registers a full 4 pounds less. YAY ME!! It’s not much but it’s a step in the right direction. Just the motivation I need to keep me going and know that it’s worth it.

NERVOUS: Because I FINALLY got a call back from a place I applied to last week and was able to nail down an interview for tomorrow afternoon. Cross your fingers, ladies and gents. I really need to rock this and start making some kind of income. Needless to say, while I’m excited at the prospect, I’m more than a little anxious.

SAD: Because the Boo and I will be apart on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I have to drive up to see the folks and he’s staying here so his brother isn’t alone and his dogs don’t have to be quarantined in another god-forsaken alleged kennel. (That didn’t turn out too well, remember?)So, while it is our very first Christmas together EVER, I have to suck it up, put on a brave face and just deal with it. I know it’s not the end of the world but I still can’t help but be a little mopey. And I know we’ll have plenty more Christmases together to make up for this one but it still sucks. WAA WAA WAA. (Ok, I'm done.)

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED/GIDDY: Because the Boo’s mother told him to buy me an engagement ring for Christmas. SQUEAL!!! I know it’s not happening…not for awhile at least. But it’s nice to know she likes me enough to even suggest it. (Even if she was being facetious.)

CONSPIRATORIAL: Because now I’m secretly plotting my fictional wedding in the unknown future.

3 comments:

Bella@That damn expat said...

Awesome future mother-in-laws rock!

Good luck at the interview.

Anonymous said...

Your new health kick is really admirable, and I wish I had the same motivation and dedication!

Also, good luck at your job interview! I'm sure you'll do great.

Bummer about not being able to spend Christmas together. Can you find a way to do some special beforehand to make up for it?

Anonymous said...

Aww! That's exciting that the bf's mom loves you and that you're being healthier...especially in the midst of crazy, holiday eating. I could never start a diet now. Or ever, for that matter.

Good luck on that interview. Just be yourself!


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio